Since 2006, we refill a wide range of organic, fair-trade and local food. And since 2013 we also supply our own brand of SESI detergent refills. Whilst cutting on food waste and industrial recycling of packaging, we also wish to democratise food to make it affordable to the majorities, because we believe that real food and sustainability should not be a luxury. To make the impact we aim at, everyone needs to be involved.
Facts about SESI Pop-Up Shop:
- Born in the shed of our local primary school with the support of the PTA
- We started a refill scheme in the summer of 2006
- 9 in 10 people BYO containers to refill whole-foods and SESI detergents!
- 90% of the whole-foods we refill are organic
- It is a member of East Oxford Farmers Market Co-operative
- The front staff at the Pop Up Shop earn fair wages
- Members can buy SESI goods at 30% off the RRP
- The directors run the Pop Up Shop voluntarily
- We use surplus to re-inject hard earned funds into developing the Pop Up Shop, branching out with partnerships and reaching out to the community
Buy SESI whole-foods from Cultivate
DYK you can now buy SESI whole-foods in sustainable packaging at Cultivate Oxford Cooperative’s Online Shop?
“Cultivate is all about bringing people together to create a better food system for Oxford. Better for everyone who eats food, better for everyone who grows food, and better for the planet.”
Why buy from Cultivate Oxford? Read Here!
SESI sources organic, fairtrade and local food because we believe that nourishing ourselves is part of our connection with Earth, our communities, our families and ourselves.
Chains or Networks?
We do not see the world in chains when these enslave people and food distribution. We love networks which spread their energy and benefits horizontally, with an inclusive philosophy and a positive impact with social justice.